Cornwall Council – Cornwall Council provide information about education for all ages, including schools, adult education and out of school activities.

0300 1234 101

Support in Cornwall – Find information, advice and services to better support families in Cornwall and the professionals working alongside them. There’s also a section of the website designed and developed by young people in Cornwall for young people in Cornwall as well as tailored information, advice and services specifically for carers in Cornwall.

01872 323 535

Parent Carers Cornwall – The PCC is an independent organisation run by parent carers of disabled children to support families with children with additional needs and disabilities in Cornwall. They can help families find information, to network with each other through activities, events and training and very importantly provide a united forum enabling parent carers to not only have a voice, but for that voice to be heard, through parent carer participation whether directly in meetings or via feedback through a survey.

You can get in touch with the PCC via their website or by calling Kay on 07973 763332.

disAbility Cornwall & Isles of Scilly – dC & IoS is a user-led and membership organisation for people of all ages living with a long term health condition or disability, their carers and families in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.

01736 759500

The Local Offer – Cornwall’s Local Offer describes the provision available for children and young people with SEND and their families. Cornwall’s Local Offer website helps families by gathering in one place, the information that they need to know in order to make informed choices about the support they receive. The Local Offer website is also a good resource for professionals working with children and young people with SEND.


Special Educational Needs File – Cornwall Council’s ‘Special Educational Needs File’ is designed to support Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs) and other professionals in meeting the needs of children and young people with special educational needs (SEN). It is also a source of information for parents / carers and young people.

01872 324242


Contact a Family – Contact a Family is a national charity for families with disabled children. They not only provide information, advice and support but also bring families together so they can support each other. They campaign to improve families’ circumstances, and for their right to be included and equal in society.

020 7608 8700

Independent Parental Special Education Advice (IPSEA) – IPSEA offers free and independent legally based information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities.

There are many ways of getting in touch with IPSEA, details of which can be found on their website.


Face 2 Face – Would you like to talk to another parent who understands what you are going through and can offer emotional and practical support? Face 2 Face schemes operate across the UK for any parent of a disabled child, even if their child hasn’t been diagnosed. Visit their webpage to find your nearest scheme.

0844 800 9189

Council for Disabled Children – Contact a Family are the umbrella body for the disabled children’s sector bringing together professionals, practitioners and policy-makers.

020 7843 1900