Special Educational Needs and Disability
Information, Advice and Support Service
We provide free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support
- To empower children, young people and parents / carers of children with special educational needs or disability by ensuring they have the information, confidence and support needed to make informed decisions
- To provide impartial and accurate information and support
- To encourage good working relationships between parent / carers, children, young people, education providers, the local authority and other agencies
- To support schools and other agencies to continue to develop good working practices in relation to SEND.
01736 751921 – Email us
Outside these hours, or if our advisers are busy, you can leave an answerphone message or email us and we will respond within two working days.
What we DO
- A free, confidential and impartial service, provided at arms length from the local authority
- Information, advice and support relating to special educational needs and disability (SEND) provided by professionally trained Advisers
- Support through the statutory processes relating to Statements of Special Educational Needs and the new Education Health, and Care (EHC) needs assessment and planning
- Practical support to find the answers to your questions in relation to education, health and social care services.
Who we can support
- Parents / carers of a child or young person (aged 0–25) with special educational needs and/or a disability
- Parents / carers who think that their child or young person may have a special educational need and/or a disability
- Young people aged 16–25 who have a special educational need and/or a disability
- To your child if they have questions themselves.
How we can help
We can help by:
- Listening to your views and concerns
- Helping you feel more confident to express your views
- Explaining your options, rights and responsibilities
- Helping prepare for meetings and/or attending meetings with you
- Helping with writing reports, letters and other relevant paperwork
- Answering your questions about Statements of Special Educational
- Needs and Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Supporting you through a needs assessment or review
- Supporting to resolve disagreements
- Developing networks and links locally to provide solutions to your individual queries
- Referring you to Independent Support.