Outside these hours, or if our advisers are busy, you can leave an answerphone message or email us and we will respond within two working days.
We provide impartial information, advice and support to:
- Parents / carers of a child or young person (aged 0–25) with a special educational need or disability
- Children and young people aged 25 or under who have a special educational need or disability
- People working with children and young people with a special educational need or disability.
Our service is confidential, independent and free.
Our aims are:
- To empower children, young people and parents / carers of children with special educational needs or disability by ensuring they have the information, confidence and support needed to make informed decisions
- To provide impartial and accurate information and support
- To encourage good working relationships between parent / carers, children, young people, education providers, the local authority and other agencies
- To support schools and other agencies to continue to develop good working practices in relation to SEND.
Please tell us what you think about SENDIASS here.